Pasta isn’t very popular in my home, but every so often I get huge cravings and nothing can stop them! I thought that I would share my new favourite Vegetable & Chicken Pasta recipe! It’s delicious, flavourful and healthy!
– Olive Oil
– Chicken Breasts
– Salt & Pepper
– Parmesan Cheese
– Pasta (or Rice)
(Serves 2 larger portions, 4 smaller ones; 20 min prep, 10-15 min cooking time)
1. Begin by heating up olive oil in your pan.
2. Once the olive oil has heated up, begin cooking your chicken. Salt and pepper your chicken. You can either put the entire breast into the pan (as I did) or cut them into cubes for faster cooking.
3. While your chicken is cooking, start cooking your pasta (or rice).
4. Dice your tomatoes, cut your onions & mushrooms.
5. Once the chicken has cooked through, remove it from the element and set aside.
6. Toss the onions into your pan, let them cook until translucent.
7. After the onions have cooked through, throw your mushrooms and tomatoes into the pan as well.
8. Add garlic, parsley & basil (1 tsp ea).
9. After 5 mins, add the cooked and cut up chicken to your pan to allow it to reheat.
10. Once your pasta (or rice) has finished, drain it and add it to the pan with veggies along with a large handful of spinach!
11. Toss and serve with parmesan cheese on top!
I say you can use both pasta or rice as my partner isn’t a pasta fan but loves this recipe on top of some delicious wild rice! Tastes just as amazing!
I hope that you enjoy this simple, quick and healthy meal! Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below!