Today I want to share with you a delicious Spicy Roasted Pepper Pasta! A delightful dish that is great for hiding vegetables from fussy children or sneaking veggies into your dinner on a day when you’re craving pasta! The combination of roasted peppers, veggies, spices, pasta and greek yogurt makes for a balanced meal full of protein, healthy fiber, spicy metabolism boosters and essential vitamins. The best part of this meal is how easy it is to make!
This recipe provides enough sauce for 4 servings. It will take 50 mins to make.
You will need;
– 4 large peppers (red, orange or yellow)
– 1/2 onion
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
– 1 tsp dried parsley
– salt and pepper to taste
– 4 servings whole wheat pasta (or rice pasta)
– 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, goat cheese or parmesan cheese*
– 2 cups spinach*
(* optional toppings)
1) Start by preheating your oven to 400F/200C.
2) Lightly grease a baking sheet, put peppers on sheet and roast in oven for 30-40 mins. You will know they are done when their skin is blistered. It does’t matter if the skin looks slightly blackened.
3) Begin boiling a large pot of water for pasta.
4) Allow peppers to cool. While the peppers are cooling, heat up skillet on mid-high heat with some olive oil. Chop up onion, and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes).
5) Cook pasta according to box instructions.
6) Now that your onions are cooked through, take them off the element and allow them to cool down. Start peeling the skin off of the peppers and removing the stems and seeds.
7) In a food processor (or even a magic bullet), add peppers, onion and garlic, olive oil, greek yogurt and spices. Pulse until smooth.
8) Drain pasta, put pasta back into pot and combine with sauce.
9) If you want to, now is the time to add any additional toppings. I personally love to add spinach, but you can also add grilled chicken, crumbled bacon, tofu or any other favourite protein.
10) Plate pasta and add nutritional yeast, goat cheese or parmesan cheese.
Enjoy this delicious, healthy and simple meal, I’m sure you will love it! Let me know how you enjoy this pasta and what you’re favourite topping is!