Stir frys are a delicious, simple, (nearly) one pan dinner. They’re a good way of finishing any vegetables that may be nearing their expiration and piling veggies into a yummy meal. Stir frys are super customizable, you can use any type of protein you like, any vegetables or greens you love and can use any sauce you can think of!
Today I’m sharing with you a super flavourful Sweet & Spicy sauce for your favourite stir fry!
You only need six ingredients (that you probably already have in your cupboard) for this sauce.
– 3 tbsp sesame oil (or olive oil)
– 3 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
– 2 tsp honey
– 2 tsp ground ginger
– 1/2 – 1 tsp crushed red pepper (use your best discretion, 1 tsp is spicy)
– 3 cloves crushed garlic
1) Measure out all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until they’re all mixed.
Now, you can marinate your protein or veggies in this sauce and add to your favourite stir fry or you can give this Sweet & Spicy Chicken Stir Fry a try!
For two servings you will need;
– 1 large chicken breast
– 1/2 ea red, orange and yellow pepper
– 1/2 red onion
– 1 carrot
– 1/2 cup wild rice (or noodles if you prefer)
– green onion & sesame seeds (optional topping)
1) Bring a wok or large frying pan (coated with a bit of oil) to medium-high heat on the stove.
2) Begin cooking rice or brining a pot of water to boil for noodles. Cook according to box instructions.
3) Cut vegetables into match-stick pieces.
4) Put onions and carrots into the wok. Set peppers aside.
5) Cut chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
6) Once the onions and carrots have softened (about 5 minutes), add your chicken. You may have to add a bit more oil. Allow chicken to brown on all sides.
7) Add peppers. Cook another 2 minutes.
8) Add your sauce. Stir your stir fry so that everything is evenly coated.
9) Bring the stove down to medium heat and continue cooking until the sauce has been fully absorbed. About 10 minutes. Make sure you are watching your stir fry and continuing to stir so that chicken cooks through and vegetables do not burn.
10) Once your sauce has been absorbed and your rice (or noodles) are done cooking your dish is ready to serve! Spoon rice into bowls and top with chicken and veggie mixture.
11) Now you can add any of your favourite toppings. I used chopped green onion and sesame seeds for a little extra flavour.
Now all there is left to do is enjoy!
This sauce works nicely with a beef, broccoli and snap pea stir fry as well!
Let me know if you enjoy this recipe! What’s your favourite stir fry combination?